Friday, May 23, 2008

My Experiences in Australia

I am Naresh Rathod, presently a student in Intech Institute of Technology, Brisbane. I want to share my experiences in Australia with all of you. After completing my graduation in Electrical Engg., I have chosen Australia for my further studies. After spending nine months in Australia, I am very happy that I was right to choose Australia as my Destination.

I have discovered that Australia is a very good country for studying and future prospects. I had selected Melbourne for my diploma study in 2007. Melbourne is much developed city compared to Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, etc. It is the best place for living but more costlier than other cities. And the living expenses are also high compare to Brisbane, Perth, etc. My first month in Melbourne was very difficult, because the weather is totally different compare to India. It is very cold in winter and very hot in summer. Here you have the skin burning effect during summer time. In Melbourne you can enjoy three seasons in a day.

At first, I had no fluency in English, so it was very difficult for me to communicate with local people. In India we have Hindi as a national language and also have local language in each state. Here I have found people are very helpful.

Then after completing 6 months, I have changed my education provider and took admission in Intech Institute of Technology, Brisbane. In Brisbane, it is good to have strong Indian community. I have visited places like Hare Krishna temple, Shivdham temple. I am very glad to listen to Radio Brisvaani. We can enjoy some local language programs to like Gujarati, Punjabi, etc. In Brisbane, we have very active Indian community. They are celebrating festivals like Navratri, Holi, etc. So we can not feel lonely here.

I am very lucky that I have found one of the best college in Brisbane, Intech Institute of Technology. It is very good college and has multicultural environment for study. They have students from countries like Columbia, China, India, Russia, Thailand, etc. So it is very good for me to improve my English. I have got many good friends from different countries. You will get the complete Multi-cultural study environment.

Our head of college Mr Robin and Head of Administration Mrs Amy are very helpful and always ready to solve students' problems. Our staff members are also very helpful. After joining Intech, I am very happy to have such a pleasant environment for study. After meeting Robin Sir and Amy madam, I feel like I am not alone in Brisbane. They are taking care of students as like their parents.

We have very good trainers, who have sound knowledge of their subjects. They have very good teaching method that helps students to gain basic knowledge of subject and also encourage them to do research to learn new and advanced things related to subject.
Intech is located near Brisbane City Council Library, central bus and railway station, ferry station. It is very easy for students to reach there.
Thus after coming in Australia, I am very happy and have full confidence that I will achieve my goals for my career.

Naresh Rathod
(STUDENT - INTECH INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY)

No comments: