Cold & Flu
- Have chicken or any other mildly spiced soup.
- Have some Tulsi (basil) leaves with honey at bedtime, but without water.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of garlic oil (lasan ka tel) with 1 teaspoon onion juice, dilute it with water and have it 2-3 times a day.
- Make a cup of tea with ginger (adrak), clove (lavang), bay leaves (tej-patta), black pepper (kali mirch), sweeten with honey and have it 2-3 times a day.
- For dry and stuffy nose, mix 1/4 teaspoon table salt with 4ml lukewarm water and instill 1-2 drops of this nasal solution 3-4 times a day.
DO NOT USE MEDICATED NASAL DROPS WITHOUT A PHYSICIAN'S CONSENT AS EXCESSIVE USE CAN CAUSE CHEMICAL RHINITIS WITH REBOUND BLOCK.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey and garlic juice with a few drops of brandy and have it 3-4 times a day.
- Put 3-4 peeled and chopped buds of garlic in 1 bottle brandy and keep aside in a closet for 2 weeks and have several drops at the time of severe cough.
- Chew cardamom, close and whole black pepper for a long time.
- Mix 1 cup of black grape juice with 1 tablespoon of honey and have it twice a day.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of sugar with 1 teaspoon of butter and have the mixture.
- Sprinkle few drops of camphor water on a cloth and place it near the mouth of the child. This provides uninterrupted and pleasant sleep at night.
- Roast 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder (haldi) and mix it with 1/2 teaspoon of raw turmeric powder (haldi) and 1 teaspoon of honey. Have this mixture before going to bed. Avoid drinking or eating after it. DO NOT EVER HAVE THIS MIXTURE WITH MILK.